Srimad Bhagavatham : 6.2.35.






Skandham-6.

Chapter-2.

Slokam-35.


soham tatha  yatishyami yata-cittendriyanilah,



yatha na bhuya atmanam andhe tamasi majjaye.




sah = such a person;

aham = I;

tatha = in that way;

yatishyami = I shall endeavor;

yata-citta-indriya = controlling the mind and senses;

anilah = and the internal airs;

yatha = so that;

na = not;

bhuyah = again;

atmanam = my soul;

andhe = in darkness;

tamasi = in ignorance;

majjaye = I drown.




I am such a sinful person, but since I have now gotten this opportunity, I must completely control my mind, life and senses and always engage in devotional service so that I may not fall again into the deep darkness and ignorance of material life.

Every one of us should have this determination. We have been elevated to an exalted position by the mercy of Krishna and the spiritual master, and if we remember that this is a great opportunity and pray to Krishna that we will not fall again, our lives will be successful.

To be continued ...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Srimad Mahabhagavatham : 3.7 - Swami Krishnananda.

Srimad Bhagavatham : 6.3.18.

A Summary of the Srimad Bhagavata Mahapuranam-3.7.